w6a Crippen Pk-Bowen 12k
Orange Track is the complete Loop including the optional Dorman Lookout
Front of Library in Snug Cove is a good starting point for people coming off the ferry
- KML/KMZ files can be opened in Google Earth, and many smartphone apps.
- GPX files can be opened by most GPS software apps when KMZ cannot. Note, GPX files do not contain custom colours and icons that we use on our maps; all tracks and icons will appear the same colours and styles. We recommend using KMZ instead when possible.
- GPX-Garmin are GPX files that we have optimized for older Garmin units that only display tracks that contain 500 points or less (such as Garmin eTrex units).
Visit our GPS & Navigation page for instructions of how to use your smartphone as a GPS device (even when outside of data coverage) or how to import data to your Garmin unit.
About the Journey:
Crippen Regional Park - The Metro Vancouver Regional Park website.
It comes off the Trans Canada Trail at Horseshoe Bay by taking a 20 minute ferry to Bowen Island. There is no need to take a vehicle over for this loop. The loop is 12 km ( 2.2km less if you leave out Dorman Point). This is quite an easy walk including restaurants and shops. Allow up to 4 hours to do the whole trail allowing for stops. A good meetup place is in front of the Library just beyond the Snug Cover Ferry terminal.
Main features for this walking loop:
- Snug Cove itself with its amenities and a great waterfront
- Bridal Fallsl and Fish Ladder
- Killarney Lake circuit
- Killarney Meadow and Fish Hatchery
- Artisan Square (place to eat as well)
- Dorman Point Lookout (Can be kept as an option of 2.2 km)