Welcome to the Trails Society of BC's official website. We are a registered non-profit with charity status. We have a mandate to assemble and preserve the British Columbian section of the Trans Canada Trail, as well as advocate for the expansion, sustainability and preservation of greenway trails in B.C.
We dedicate ourselves to keep our information updated. We invite you to be part of our grand vision of a Trans Canada Trail/The Great Trail and our quest for quality greenway experiences for non-motorized trail users. You can participate by becoming a Trails BC member, a volunteer, or a donor.
While we make every effort to keep you up to date with trail alerts regarding trails we describe on the Trails BC website, we strongly advise you to also check Trail Alerts and Closures on the Sites and Trail Recreation Government Site
2019 Newsletter (pdf version) - providing you with reports, trail updates stories, and reminders. Here are the topics
· Need for quality experiences for all on established trails in B.C.
· Improving the Trans Canada Trail/the Great Trail and extending its network
· Report from the Trans Canada Trail in B.C. – Trisha Kaplan
· Trails BC continues to challenge trail enthusisasts…
· The Cranbrook to Wardner Trail extension
· The Langford to Shawnigan Lake Trail
· An alternate TCT route to Paleface Pass – continues to be improved
· FraserFEST – invitation to join on Trails BC Meetup
· The Okanagan Trestles Tour
· The Haller Trail – Report from Pat Foreman
· Newly designed TCT Marker Pavilions
· Ebikes – what can be used on trails
· Ride for Water
Become a member of the Trails BC Meetup Group and discover with a leader the tour excursions described on the Trails BC website.
Okanagan Rail Trail Updates here - Many of us are anxious to try out the new rail trail between Kelowna and Vernon. However, much of it is still under construction. Therefore, before heading out do check out their website.
Discover magnificent scouted out adventure cycles and walks or hikes by going to our Loop and Linear Trails Touring pages! Here are a few of the most recent additions from 40 cycle loops, 33 walking loops and selected linear journeys:
We love to receive comments regardng your experiences with them by emailing email@example.com.
For Trail Closures and alerts - click here.
Links to Recommended Trail Books and Websites for mainly off-road Hiking and Cycling in and around Southwestern B.C.
Let's Go Biking by Colleen MacDonald - website